Friday, November 16, 2012

Little D Update

I just wanted to provide a little update.

2 nights ago, Declan woke up 3 times to eat. Most days I've been up until midnight doing work stuff, so perhaps that why it seemed like more than usual....but he got up at midnight, 3:15 and 6:15. I was a zombie for a lot of yesterday (C was late for school...not a big deal, just had to feed him breakfast here.)

Then, Declan didn't sleep or eat much yesterday afternoon. He would "snack" and then take a little nap (10-15 minutes) but that was about it. Thankfully, he can be easily soothed most of the time and he even rested, awake, in a pillow "nest" I made him on the daybed in the office while I finished packaging some work. It didn't help that we had to run a few errands yesterday so anytime I thought he might actually stay asleep for a little while I would have to put him in the car seat, which typically wakes him up.

All of this to say that last night was AWESOME! He went to sleep following his bath and eating at around 9:30. I had to wake him up at 2:45 to eat (because I was making quite the mess...) Then he woke up at 6:30 to eat again. That is only 2 times, one of which was of my doing! He is now still asleep and it is 9:24...I am definitely calling this a victory and am thankful that Connor does not go to school on Fridays because I didn't have to jostle him into the car and he is still sleeping away! YAY, D!

Declan absolutely LOVES his changing pad. I'm very thankful he doesn't roll yet or even come close because I can still feel pretty safe leaving him unattended up there. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same effect if I just move the pad to a different space. He was up there for about 20-30 minutes last night before bath-time just as happy as a lark! He is also smiling so much more now. It just melts my heart. He specifically smiles a lot at his daddy. Brian says "chooey-chooey"...like a fake sneeze.

Here is a picture I took with my phone yesterday morning when he was in my lap. I still marvel that all the kid eats is breastmilk and he has become quite the little porker...my chunky monkey for sure! Check out these cheeks!!


No comments: