Monday, December 5, 2011

basement update.

Successful party here on Saturday night with Brian's coworkers. About 12 adults.

In honor of that event and the fact that we are hosting all of the Nealons here at Christmas, I've been "stimulating the economy"....a saying I hear from my dad frequently. :)

AND the framers are here framing the last unfinished room in the basement: Connor's new official playroom! This also means that we will put our elevated air mattress in there this Christmas when all the Nealons are here and whoever sleeps in there will have walls, a ceiling and carpet!

I took a few semi-"before" pictures shortly after the framers got started. I'm sure I can find some of the room as it was used (or NOT used) with Connor's letter mats and miscellaneous toys. The cats definitely spent the most time in there. They'll likely be in shock, but I did keep one section of Brian's bachelor couch because it is there favorite. The blue grover chair will also find a new home in this room when it is completed.

Anyway, operation basement makeover is in full swing!

A big advantage to getting lots of new, big furniture is big boxes to play in!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Love the pictures of the furniture. Can't wait to see it in person.