Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lesson learned.

Reminder...

When one lives in Michigan and it is the end of January, one must always wear snow boots or at least have them in your car. Flats without socks are not the best choice. You never know when you will slide around in the temporary culdesac at the end of the street and jump a snow bank in your little sedan. It is very possible that it will be necessary to wade knee high in snow in an attempt to push said car out. That will likely not work. Hopefully, there will be a Byron Center Gaines Utility truck nearby with a nice worker who happens to have a shovel to help dig the car out.

Also, hopefully if you have a toddler in the car, he/she will behave like an angel even though it is 1/2 hour passed his/her nap time and he/she is suffering from a horrible cold with a nose running like a faucet. In my case, Connor earned the "choo choo" we picked up today at Target.

Next time I'm at Target, I might pick up an extra pair of boots on clearance just to leave in the car. Oh, and you should probably take a coat too....a sweater cardigan isn't really sufficient. :) I know that the fact that it is 23ยบ and snowing should have made me grab a jacket, but I've gotten lazy. I'd rather just suck it up for the 30 seconds between the car and the store than deal with dressing and undressing to prevent getting crazy hot and having a cart full of snow clothes. If I am going to continue to be this lazy, I guess I should put a coat in the car too.

Don't worry, Connor was all bundled up. The same laziness does not apply to him. He did not have snow boots on, but regular shoes, thick socks, a long sleeve shirt, fleece 1/2 zip pullover, snow jacket and lined pants. And he was not asked to help push the car out of the snow. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

lol. I'm not even sure where my coat and boots are. Last year when we went to d.c. at Christmas, I only took flats. They got FEET of snow. I got Walmart cheapies that worked wonders.